-   -   Formatting Plot Area (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/29722-formatting-plot-area.html)

V Rocks

Formatting Plot Area

I have a line graph with data that corresponds to dates. I want to
format the plot area so that the fill color is different depending on
the dates.

For instance 5/15 - 6/20 fill color light gray. For dates 6/21 - 6/30
fill color peach and for dates 7/1-7/30 fill color blue.

I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to do this. If anyone has
any ideas I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!! :)

--
V Rocks
V Rocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24127

Jon Peltier

Perhaps you can modify the stacked area chart technique in this tutorial:

You need three series, one for each color. The values for each are full
scale within its time range and zero elsewhere.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

V Rocks wrote:

I have a line graph with data that corresponds to dates. I want to
format the plot area so that the fill color is different depending on
the dates.

For instance 5/15 - 6/20 fill color light gray. For dates 6/21 - 6/30
fill color peach and for dates 7/1-7/30 fill color blue.

I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to do this. If anyone has
any ideas I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!! :)

V Rocks

John -

Thanks for your help! I will give it a try.

-Joe