-   -   Range Names with Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/29374-range-names-charts.html)

ArthurJ

Range Names with Charts

I would like to use rangenames to specify the data sources for a chart, but
Excel does not seem to like this. I have tried entering the rangename in the
following formats:

rangename
=rangename
={rangename]
={"rangename"}

.... and various other formats.

Surely there is a way to do this ....?

Art

Andy Pope

Hi,

try either depending on whether the named range is local to the sheet.
=sheetname!rangename
=bookname.xls!rangename

cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

bj

you need to add the file name

for example if you are in source data-series
and you want a named range (xy) in Workbook named test.xls
enter the values as
=test.xls!xy