-   -   Smoothed Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/28543-smoothed-data.html)

JICDB

Smoothed Data

I have a Histogram chart that I am trying to add a smooth line to. According
to help I select the data series, go to the format series section, then the
Pattern Tab and select the Smooth check box but there is no Smooth check box.
What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

bj

have you already converted the data set to a line?
Are you sure you have the line selected when you look at the pattern section?

"JICDB" wrote:

I have a Histogram chart that I am trying to add a smooth line to. According
to help I select the data series, go to the format series section, then the
Pattern Tab and select the Smooth check box but there is no Smooth check box.
What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Tushar Mehta

A smooth line makes sense only for a Line chart or a XY Scatter chart
-- basically, charts that have a marker of some kind.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,