-   -   How to customize error bars by VB code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/28511-how-customize-error-bars-vbulletin-code.html)

[email protected]

How to customize error bars by VB code?

Hello NG,

from a Visual Basic (6) project, I need to customize the error bar of a
chart, to get a different value for each data point.

In Excel, this is done with a range reference:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:= _
xlPlusValues, Type:=xlCustom, Amount:="=Hoja1!R1C3:R2C3"

but I need to do this by VB code, in order to control a OLE-Chart.
Reference to the datasheet-range is not working:

oGraph.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:=xlBoth, _
Type:=xlCustom, Amount:=oGraph.Application.DataSheet.Range("A1:A3" )

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Miguel

Tushar Mehta

MS Graph, while similar to XL, doesn't support the full capabilities of
XL. Custom error bars is one of the features supported by XL but not
by Graph.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions