-   -   remove "linear" from trendline legend entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/271013-remove-linear-trendline-legend-entry.html)

dschneiderch

remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Yes, you can remove the word "Linear" from the trendline legend entry by following these steps:
  1. Click on the chart to select it.
  2. Right-click on one of the trendlines and select "Format Trendline" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Trendline" pane that appears on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the "Options" tab.
  4. In the "Trendline Name" section, delete the word "Linear" from the "Custom" text box.
  5. Click "Close" to apply the changes.

Now, the trendline legend entry should only show the series names without the word "Linear".

Jim Cone[_2_]

remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

Right-click the trendline.
In the pop-up menu choose Format Trendline.
In the dialog box that appears, choose the Options tab.
Under Trendline name, select Custom and fill in the new name.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .

"dschneiderch"
wrote in message
Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.

[email protected]

Pada Selasa, 20 Desember 2011 0:23:01 UTC+7, dschneiderch menulis:
Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so

I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear

trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear

(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without

"Linear"?

Thanks.

klik this link; http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab...ding-data.html

i think that is very easy to understand trend of data

[email protected]

remove "linear" from trendline legend entry

在 2011年12月20日星期二 UTC+8上午2:24:32,Jim Cone写道:

wrote in message
Hi, I am plotting some data but I only want to show the trends so
I've hidden all the scatter points and am showing just the linear
trendlines. However, the legend entries are Linear (April), Linear
(May) etc...is there any way to just show the series names without
"Linear"?
Thanks.

good answer