-   -   How do I insert a hyperlink into a chart element? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/265206-how-do-i-insert-hyperlink-into-chart-element.html)

JS

How do I insert a hyperlink into a chart element?

How can I insert a hyperlink into a bar of a bar chart, for instance? I read
on MSFT's help page that, "You can also insert hyperlinks in specific chart
elements.", but I cannot figure out how to do so.

Jon Peltier[_2_]

How do I insert a hyperlink into a chart element?

It's not so easy. You need to set up code to recognize chart events,
then respond to the specific event. This article described chart events
in Excel charts:

Chart Events in Microsoft Excel
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

Search the page for a paragraph beginning with this sentence:

"Identify the clicked point, then jump to another appropriate chart."

The situation you are asking about is described here.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.