-   -   Column Chart Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/265108-column-chart-conditional-formatting.html)

[email protected]

Column Chart Conditional Formatting

I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value. I
want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then make
that bar green, if less then red, if same grey. Any ideas on how to go about
this?

Thanks

Adam Bush

Luke M[_4_]

Column Chart Conditional Formatting

You'll need to do this by manipulating the actual data.

Setup 3 dummy series, first with a static value of 10. On the chart, format
these green, red, and grey respectively. Now, go back and change the static
values to formulas similar to this:

=IF(B2A2,B2,NA())

=IF(B2<A2,B2,NA())

=IF(B2=A2,B2,NA())

If your chart has a legend, you can remove the dummy series by
single-clicking twice on the entry, and then press delete.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"
m wrote in message
I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value. I
want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then
make
that bar green, if less then red, if same grey. Any ideas on how to go
about
this?

Thanks

Adam Bush

AlPano

Hi, you can create a new table as Luke M[_4_] said and then create Stacked Column Chart.
This may help: http://excel-example.com/charts/cond...umn-bar-charts

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 957849)