-   -   X Axis on wrong side (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/26444-x-axis-wrong-side.html)

ArthurJ

X Axis on wrong side

I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis
category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the
TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels to the
traditional bottom of the chart.

Art

bj

double click on the axis, select patterns and set tick mark labels to low

"ArthurJ" wrote:

I have a simple line chart. The data are all negative numbers. The X-axis
category labels (the months of the year - Jan, Feb, etc.) appear along the
TOP of the chart rather than the bottom. How can I move the labels to the
traditional bottom of the chart.

Art

John Mansfield

Art,

You can also try double-clicking on the Y axis labels. In the Format Axis
dialog box, go to the Scale tab. In the input that says "Category (X) Axis
Crosses At" enter the minimum value from your Y Axis. At this point your X
axis labels and tick marks will move to the bottom of the chart.

John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com