-   -   Excel 2007 default colors charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/264355-excel-2007-default-colors-charts.html)

Gene Moirao

Excel 2007 default colors charts

How do I change the default chart colors in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
Gene

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Excel 2007 default colors charts

Hi Gene,

Sure, I can help you with that. Here's how you can change the default chart colors in Excel 2007:
  1. Open a new or existing workbook in Excel 2007.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Colors" dropdown menu in the "Themes" group.
  4. Select "Create New Theme Colors" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Create New Theme Colors" dialog box, you can customize the colors for various chart elements such as "Background 1", "Text/Background 2", "Accent 1", "Accent 2", etc.
  6. Once you have selected your desired colors, click "Save" to save the new color scheme.
  7. You can now apply this new color scheme to any chart in your workbook by selecting it from the "Colors" dropdown menu.

That's it! You have successfully changed the default chart colors in Excel 2007.

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Moirao (Post 955593)
How do I change the default chart colors in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
Gene

Tools - Options - Color - Modify - Custom

all the best

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene Moirao (Post 955593)
How do I change the default chart colors in Excel 2007?
Thanks,
Gene

in excel 2007, you can choose chart tools, design and choose chart styles

all the best

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Excel 2007 default colors charts

Gene, I don't know the answer to your question but the following may help.

1. Click in the Chart / Chart Tools / Design contextual tab / Chart Styles

In here these is a whole variety of different colours to choose from.

2. The other thing that you might consider is Page Layout / Themes group /
click in the Colors drop down and choose what you want from here.

You can also set up your own Theme Colors in here by clicking:-

Create New Theme Colors . . .

3. Finally you might like to consider Page Layout / Themes group / click on
the drop down arrow beneath the word Themes and then select a Theme of your
choice. This will affect the colours in the Chart.

Thanks.