-   -   Setting dataseries-colors with VBA in XL2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/258082-re-setting-dataseries-colors-vba-xl2007.html)

Holger Gerths

Setting dataseries-colors with VBA in XL2007

Hi Herbert,

sorry, but a point or a series has an association with a theme.
I can set a dataseries-color with XL2007 color-picker and then activate
another color-theme.
What I see ist that the dataseries-color changes according to the new
theme-color.
Do you mean that it is impossible to associate a dataseries-color with a
theme via VBA?

Thanks for your patience,
best regards, Holger.

"Herbert Seidenberg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Excel 2007
A point has no association with a theme.
Trying to access the ThemeColor property will
result in an error.
A work-around is to use the RGB color of
a theme colored cell or shape, as demonstrated by
the line color macro.
Also see ThemePoint() macro.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...10_31_09a.xlsm

Jon Peltier[_2_]

Setting dataseries-colors with VBA in XL2007

I've found this to be unreliable. I haven't done enough with it to
elaborate, other than your experience is not unlike my own.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.