Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default One Chart, Same Data ranges, different source sheets

Hi All!

I have a sheet with numerous charts. The charts are standard, much like a
dashboard. The charts are fed from one sheet which is a rollup of summary
data from many other sheets. I need to create a similar summary sheet for
each of the remaining regions, but only need one sheet with charts. Is there
a way to make the SHEET reference for the charts dynamic - say, populated by
the user selecting an entry from a drop menu? The desired behavior is as
follows:

The Chart Sheet show 10 charts reflecting various data for Region A. I want
to be able to change all the charts to reflect the data from Region B, C, D,
E, etc., in lieu of having a chart sheet for each region (thus creating a
larger workbook).

The Region sheets are all exactly the same, the data ranges are the same for
all Region sheets, the chart types do not need to change. The only change in
the Charts is the sheet name for the source data.

I have tried named ranges, indirects, both of those together, Cell
references. I have found threads on changing data ranges, X/Y axis settings,
etc., but nothing on feed one set of charts by selecting the name of the
source sheet, thus changing the entire set of charts.

All help is appreciated!

Thanks!
--
Greg