Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Column chart - data labels problem

I'm developing a chart for a client who has very specific
requirements. The data is of the following type of info:

Q1 2009 Q2 2009 Q3 2009 Q4 2009 YTD 2009
Alpha 3.3% 53.3% 18.8% 9.5% 105.8%
Bravo -0.2% 12.2% 19.7% -22.5% 3.9%
Charlie 106.6% 125.6% 2.3% -1.5% 368.4%
Delta -8.3% 1.4% 0.9% 0.8% -8.1%

I need to lay out the chart with the Y-axis being the % and the X-axis
being the Quarters, etc.

So far so good - I can do that. But the client wants data labels
showing the values immediately *above* each column (regardless of
whether the column is above or below the x-axis) - I have no problems
with the positive info but how do I show the negative info (eg -8.3%)
as a column *below* the x-axis with the data label (showing -8.3%)
*above* the x-axis?

Any help will be gratefully received.