-   -   Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap! (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/257287-am-confused-about-simple-data-layout-need-help-asap.html)

waldetta

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!

This is really silly, because I am good at charts, but for some reason, I
cannot formulate in my head the proper layout of this chart. Here is what I
have/need:

THESE ARE MY DATA HEADERS:

A B C D E

PERSON JOB 1 JOB 2 JOB 3 TOTAL ARBITRARY
1-3
NUMBER
THE DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS:

A B C D E F
NAME1 3 2 8 13 2
NAME2 4 6 2 12 7
NAME3 1 9 0 10 3
NAME4 0 7 4 11 6

I want to see the relationship between B to F, C to F, and D to F. Column E
may not be used at all.

AdamV[_2_]

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!

Create a clustered column chart so that each person is a category on the
horizontal axis and each of BCDEF are series (so five columns for each
name).
Using the Select Data dialogue, remove series E.
Change F to a line and marker chart and remove the lines (and format the
markers as needed)

Any help?

Adam