-   -   switching the axes, categories to values and vice versa (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/255995-switching-axes-categories-values-vice-versa.html)

darknight_814

switching the axes, categories to values and vice versa

I'm trying to create a statistical add-on that makes a dot plot in excel 07.
right now i'm using a line chart with markers to create the values on the
y-axis and the categories on the x-axis, aka text items on the bottom. i'm
trying to figure out a way to switch these two, so that the categories are on
the y-axis and the values are on the x-axis while still maintaining my data
so that if someone changes it, the graph updates. i've looked at the peltier
pages and can't seem to get the bar-xy combo to work. i create my secondary
axis, move it over, and change the primary series to a scatter plot. when i
try to put it all back together the markers don't line up with the bars.
any help would be greatly appreciated.