-   -   Locking object to data points (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/254643-locking-object-data-points.html)

cheric

Locking object to data points

How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? In a time series
graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to
particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually.

Xt

On Jan 28, 10:00*am, CheriC wrote:
How can I lock an arrow & text to a particular data point? *In a time series
graph, every time I add new dates, currently the arrows pointing to
particular data points for particular dates have to be moved manually.

Here is onne way which doesn't do exactly want because there are no
arrows but you might like to look at it. Download the free add-in XY
Chart Labeller and use it to manually label a point. This label will
stay with the point even if the graph changes.

xt

Andy Pope

Locking object to data points

Hi,

Create another series where you use custom markers to hold the arrows.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/PointAtPoints.html

Cheers
Andy

--