Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Using INDIRECT in named range for chart data series

I recently read a post that described how to use the indirect function to
define named ranges for a chart series. I attempted to do the same, but still
get a message from the data series editor that my formula contains an invalid
reference. This is the formula for the series:

=SERIES("Load",Data!Time,Data!Load,1)

and Time is defined in the Data worksheet as:

=INDIRECT(Data!$Q$10):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$11)

Load is defined as:

=INDIRECT(Data!$Q$6):INDIRECT(Data!$Q$7)

Where the values in Q6, Q7, Q10, and Q11 refer to the desired starting and
ending addresses of the series, built using the address function.
e.g.
Q6 = address(Q1, 4) where Q1 is user input start of test line number
so
Q6 = $D$108 when the user inputs '108'

When I view the selected data in the Names menu, all the correct cells are
selected, but the names for some reason cannot be used in the chart. I am
completely confounded. Please help.