-   -   Swapping headers (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/254264-swapping-headers.html)

Darren

Swapping headers

Is there a way to swap the column and row names so that I can click/drag
ascending nunbers horizontally and letters vertically?

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Swapping headers

In cells A 1 to A 5 type:-

1
2
3
4
5

Highlight the above cells and then Ctrl-C to copy.

Go to cell H 5 (for example).

Home / Paste / Transpose / the numbers 1 to 5 will now appear horizontally.

In cells A 6 to E 6 type:-

abcde

Highlight the above cells and then Ctrl-C to copy.

Go to cell K 9 (for example).

Home / Paste / Transpose / the letters a to e will now appear vertically.

I am not sure from your posting if the above is what you want.

Thanks.

"Darren" wrote:

Is there a way to swap the column and row names so that I can click/drag
ascending nunbers horizontally and letters vertically?

Darren

Swapping headers

Sorry Trip-To-Tokyo, my question was not clear enough. I want to swap the
actual line/column titles so that letter are down and numbers are across. or
have a way of
copying down letter/copying across numbers. But thankyou for the reply.