-   -   Add-in for More-Sophisticated Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/253321-add-more-sophisticated-charts.html)

Jay

Add-in for More-Sophisticated Charts

I need to create charts that are more sophisticated than what Excel offers.
Are there add-ins or supplementary charts packages (either from MicroSoft or
other firms) that can be easily used w/ Excel? Which ones are best (i.e.,
combination of best results, easiest to use, lowest cost, etc.)? Thx, J

Jon Peltier[_2_]

Add-in for More-Sophisticated Charts

What kind of charts are you looking for? My company markets a series of
chart add-ins for Excel:

Peltier Technical Services - Excel Charting Utilities
http://peltiertech.com/Utility/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Jay wrote:
I need to create charts that are more sophisticated than what Excel offers.
Are there add-ins or supplementary charts packages (either from MicroSoft or
other firms) that can be easily used w/ Excel? Which ones are best (i.e.,
combination of best results, easiest to use, lowest cost, etc.)? Thx, J

Jay

Add-in for More-Sophisticated Charts

I am building a management tool for "process improvement projects", so I
dont yet know everything I want to chart. One thing I want to graph is the
number of improvement projects, and their estimated $ benefit, by development
stage (e.g., 20 projects in "Identified" stage estimated at $800k benefit, 17
projects in "Evaluation" at $741k, etc. thru other development stages all the
way to "Implementing" and "Implemented"). My first thought is to show two
Gantt bars for each stage with one bar for number of projects (n) on one axis
and the other bar for $ value on the second axis ($). As far as I can tell,
Excel forces the bars to overlap in a way that makes this chart idea useless.
There must be a way to accomplish this chart in Excel or with an add-in or
other program. Any ideas?

Jay wrote:
I need to create charts that are more sophisticated than what Excel offers.
Are there add-ins or supplementary charts packages (either from MicroSoft or
other firms) that can be easily used w/ Excel? Which ones are best (i.e.,
combination of best results, easiest to use, lowest cost, etc.)? Thx, J

.

Herbert Seidenberg

Add-in for More-Sophisticated Charts

Excel 2007 PivotChart