-   -   pivot table sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/252617-pivot-table-sorting.html)

pat67

pivot table sorting

Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has
PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO
and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help?

Thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

pivot table sorting

Pat you do not state what your PO and PO Lines are so the amount of help I
can provide you is limited.

I have put a file up for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 30 towards the top of my home page (at the top at the
moment).

In EXCEL 2007:-

I will give explanation by way of reference to a file called pivot_top_ten.

In cell F16 there is a drop down button. Click this. Select Value Filters
then Top 10.

Pop up should appear with four fields:-

Show
Top 10 Items Sum of Value

Hit OK.

Top ten items (by Vendor) should now appear in the Pivot Table.

In the example that I have done Unilever does not appear in the Top Ten
which is correct.

Thanks.

"pat67" wrote:

Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has
PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO
and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help?

Thanks
.

pat67

pivot table sorting

On Jan 6, 11:41*am, trip_to_tokyo wrote:
Pat you do not state what your PO and PO Lines are so the amount of help I
can provide you is limited.

I have put a file up for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

It is item number 30 towards the top of my home page (at the top at the
moment).

In EXCEL 2007:-

I will give explanation by way of reference to a file called pivot_top_ten.

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

pivot table sorting

PO PO Line Vendor Sum of Value
1234 1 X $100

For PO and PO Line are these number or text fields?

What ranges do they cover? So, for example, does PO Line run from 1 to 1000?
How is the data for PO Column (Field) structured? What range does it cover?

"pat67" wrote:
Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has
PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO
and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help?

Thanks

I know that part here is the issue. PO is Purchase Order, PO Line is
the Purchase Order Line item. Here is what my pivot table looks like

PO PO Line Vendor Sum of Value

1234 1 X $100

The issue is I can only sort by 1 column and I need to sort by 2. In
other words, I can get the top 10 for PO or PO line or Vendor. I need
by PO and PO line so the buyers can see what's the largest dollar
values. I concatenated the data into 1 field to make it work, but I
was wondering how to do it without concatenating data
.

pat67

pivot table sorting

"pat67" wrote:
Hello, I have data that includes alot of fileds but my pivot table has
PO, PO line, Vendor, and value. I need to sort the top 10 values by PO
and line item. I cannot seem to figure it out. Can someone help?

Thanks

I know that part here is the issue. PO is Purchase Order, PO Line is
the Purchase Order Line item. Here is what my pivot table looks like

PO * * PO Line * *Vendor * Sum of Value

1234 * * *1 * * * * * * * X * * * * $100

The issue is I can only sort by 1 column and I need to sort by 2. In
other words, I can get the top 10 for PO or PO line or Vendor. I need
by PO and PO line so the buyers can see what's the largest dollar
values. I concatenated the data into 1 field to make it work, but I
was wondering how to do it without concatenating data

numbered fields. PO is 8 digits and PO Line is 5 and will have 0's in
from i.e PO 46556789 Line 01230

like I said, i concatenated that to 46556789/01230 an was able to get
what I needed. My question was if it was possible without having to do
that

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

pivot table sorting

Hi Pat, I did have a further look at this and, as far as I can see, you
cannot do what you are trying to do in a Pivot Table.

There might be better ways to do this but not in a Pivot Table; for example,
in EXCEL 2007, using Data / Sort on two levels and introducing Subtotals (in
the Outline group).

Without being able to see the data, or how it is structured, makes things
difficult.

I also played aroud with Filters but I don't think that that will give you
what you want either.

"pat67" wrote:
[...]

I figured that was the case. Thanks