-   -   How do I fit a straight line to scatter diagram chart data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/246734-how-do-i-fit-straight-line-scatter-diagram-chart-data.html)

StressedMentor

How do I fit a straight line to scatter diagram chart data

A college instructor requires a scatter diagram chart fitted or overlaid with
a straight line, then determination of the formula that describes this
straight line. I cannot find a reference that states how to do this with
Excel 2003. Can anyone help?

Andy Pope

How do I fit a straight line to scatter diagram chart data

Hi,

Here is some information on trendlines in charts.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ex...CH010003771033

Cheers
Andy

--