-   -   subtracting two pivot table data fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/246349-subtracting-two-pivot-table-data-fields.html)

Alok

subtracting two pivot table data fields

Hi, I have a pivot table wherein i have two column labels and two data
fields. Now, i want to display another row which contains the difference of
the two data fields corresponding to its respective column label. The two
data fields are being displayed as a count of the column values in the data
source. Please help me out as to how can i display the subtracted value of
the two cells in the cell below them in the pivot table.

Regards,
Alok

Matrix416

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alok (Post 893464)
Hi, I have a pivot table wherein i have two column labels and two data
fields. Now, i want to display another row which contains the difference of
the two data fields corresponding to its respective column label. The two
data fields are being displayed as a count of the column values in the data
source. Please help me out as to how can i display the subtracted value of
the two cells in the cell below them in the pivot table.

Regards,
Alok

Alok
IF the 2 data items you want subtracting are 2 separate fields then use the calculated fields function.

Right click the pivot then choose 'formulas'...'calculated field'
1 Name your field
2 Create the formula. Its helpful to double click on the names in the field list as this inserts the Fieldnames to the formula correctly by including single quotes ' as necessary without which it doesn't work
Then choose "Add"