-   -   Camera in Excel 2007 - Element Order (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/245595-camera-excel-2007-element-order.html)

Sizzle66

Camera in Excel 2007 - Element Order

I'm having trouble with placing anything in front of a camera image. I can
use the bring to front / send to back to adjust the order of multiple camera
images. However, the camera image is ALWAYS in front of any other type of
image. For instance, if I want to draw an arrow to point out something in a
camera image, the arrow automatically goes behingd the camera image.
Bringing it to the front doesn't work. Sending the camera image to the back
doesn't work.

Anyone else experiencing this? Tips?

Jon Peltier[_2_]

Camera in Excel 2007 - Element Order

In Excel 2007, there is no longer a single hierarchy of objects. There
are several classes of object, and each resides in its own layer, unable
to switch stacking position with an object in another layer. It's
frustrating, and has broken not a small number of programs.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Sizzle66 wrote:
I'm having trouble with placing anything in front of a camera image. I can
use the bring to front / send to back to adjust the order of multiple camera
images. However, the camera image is ALWAYS in front of any other type of
image. For instance, if I want to draw an arrow to point out something in a
camera image, the arrow automatically goes behingd the camera image.
Bringing it to the front doesn't work. Sending the camera image to the back
doesn't work.

Anyone else experiencing this? Tips?

Sizzle66

Camera in Excel 2007 - Element Order

Thanks for the info Jon. Not the answer I was hoping for, but it's good to
know when designing future charts and dashboards in Excel.

.