-   -   How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates 0? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/243220-how-eliminate-zero-values-graphs-when-formula-calculates-0-a.html)

sjgolfer

How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates 0?

I'm setting up a graph of data that is calculated with an "if" function over
a series of days of input data including future days. When the input data
cell is blank I would like the calculated value to not show a zero value on
the graph. If the cell were blank, the plot would not show a zero value.
The problem is that at the end of the line graph the line always falls off to
zero.

David Biddulph[_2_]

How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates 0?

=IF(A1="",NA(),your_formula)
--
David Biddulph

"sjgolfer" wrote in message
I'm setting up a graph of data that is calculated with an "if" function
over
a series of days of input data including future days. When the input data
cell is blank I would like the calculated value to not show a zero value
on
the graph. If the cell were blank, the plot would not show a zero value.
The problem is that at the end of the line graph the line always falls off
zero.

sjgolfer

How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates

Thanks David. That does make the cell blank but unfortunately it still plots
as a zero on the graph.
SJgolfer

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(A1="",NA(),your_formula)
--
David Biddulph

"sjgolfer" wrote in message
I'm setting up a graph of data that is calculated with an "if" function
over
a series of days of input data including future days. When the input data
cell is blank I would like the calculated value to not show a zero value
on
the graph. If the cell were blank, the plot would not show a zero value.
The problem is that at the end of the line graph the line always falls off
zero.

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates

A value of #N/A (coming from the NA() function) is ignored by the chart
engine
Want to send me a sample file to check? Get me email from my website
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sjgolfer" wrote in message
Thanks David. That does make the cell blank but unfortunately it still
plots
as a zero on the graph.
SJgolfer

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(A1="",NA(),your_formula)
--
David Biddulph

"sjgolfer" wrote in message
I'm setting up a graph of data that is calculated with an "if" function
over
a series of days of input data including future days. When the input
data
cell is blank I would like the calculated value to not show a zero
value
on
the graph. If the cell were blank, the plot would not show a zero
value.
The problem is that at the end of the line graph the line always falls
off
zero.

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

How to eliminate zero values on graphs when formula calculates

Problem solved. The cell were no empty but contained zeros and the
worksheet was formatted not to show zeros!
--

"sjgolfer" wrote in message
Thanks David. That does make the cell blank but unfortunately it still
plots
as a zero on the graph.
SJgolfer

"David Biddulph" wrote: