-   -   Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/24322-mouse-over-effect-anyone-know-how-do.html)

Mark Stephens

Mouse over effect, anyone know how to do it?

I have a line chart with a number of series. You know how if you mouse over
a line a tool tip shows showing the value, that tells me that excel can
detect the mouse over event over a line. Is it then possible to use this
capability to change the colour of the line whilt the mouse is over it? The
effect I am after is a glow when the mouse is over a particular line on the
chart.

Any help would be much appreciated as it will be a cool effect.

Kind regards, Mark Stephens

Jon Peltier

Mark -

Read my article on Chart Events:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Mark Stephens wrote:

I have a line chart with a number of series. You know how if you mouse over
a line a tool tip shows showing the value, that tells me that excel can
detect the mouse over event over a line. Is it then possible to use this
capability to change the colour of the line whilt the mouse is over it? The
effect I am after is a glow when the mouse is over a particular line on the
chart.

Any help would be much appreciated as it will be a cool effect.

Kind regards, Mark Stephens

John Mansfield

Mark,

I tried to put something together but I'm not too thrilled with the
functionality. In any event, in addition to Jon's article maybe this can
help:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

I have a line chart with a number of series. You know how if you mouse over
a line a tool tip shows showing the value, that tells me that excel can
detect the mouse over event over a line. Is it then possible to use this
capability to change the colour of the line whilt the mouse is over it? The
effect I am after is a glow when the mouse is over a particular line on the
chart.

Any help would be much appreciated as it will be a cool effect.

Kind regards, Mark Stephens

John Mansfield

Mark,

Jon Peltier and Andy Pope have provided some further input on how the code
could be improved. These techniques work better that what I originally
posted. Please take a look at the comments related to this post:

http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/exce..._a_line_chart/

Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com