-   -   How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/241628-how-rename-group-pivot-table.html)

spudsnruf

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Yes, it is possible to rename the groups in a Pivot table. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Click on any cell within the Pivot table to activate the Pivot table tools on the ribbon.
  2. Go to the "Analyse" or "Options" tab (depending on your version of Excel).
  3. Click on the "Fields, Items & Sets" dropdown and select "Group" from the list.
  4. In the "Create PivotTable Group" dialog box, you will see the existing group names (Group1, Group2, etc.).
  5. Click on the group name you want to rename and then click on the "Rename" button.
  6. Type in the new name for the group and press Enter.
  7. Click on the "OK" button to close the dialog box.

Your Pivot table will now display the new name for the group instead of the default "Group1", "Group2", etc. You can repeat these steps for any other groups you want to rename.

tpeter

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hello,

If you have access to the core data table that the Pivot Table is building
from all you have to do is change the header name to what you want and then
refreshe your pivot table. It may drop your field out but you can always put
it back in.

Tim

"spudsnruf" wrote:

Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hi,

Just click on the word Group1 and type a meaningful name on top of it. The
only names that are not legal are ones that match already existing fields.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"spudsnruf" wrote:

Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

[email protected]

On Thursday, 3 September 2009 20:24:02 UTC+4, spudsnruf wrote:
Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

Select the group name.
Press F2.
Enter a new group name.

USEFUL LINK:
https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-0cf0b9b880f7

[email protected]

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

thanks alot

[email protected]

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Thanks Shane, your suggestion worked for me.