ExcelBanter

-   -   How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/241628-how-rename-group-pivot-table.html)

spudsnruf September 3rd 09 05:24 PM

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

tpeter September 3rd 09 06:52 PM

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hello,

If you have access to the core data table that the Pivot Table is building
from all you have to do is change the header name to what you want and then
refreshe your pivot table. It may drop your field out but you can always put
it back in.

Tim

Shane Devenshire[_2_] September 5th 09 05:21 AM

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Hi,

Just click on the word Group1 and type a meaningful name on top of it. The
only names that are not legal are ones that match already existing fields.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

[email protected] March 24th 16 09:45 AM

On Thursday, 3 September 2009 20:24:02 UTC+4, spudsnruf wrote:
Hi, trying to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table. eg I have 3 groups which are
for 3 yrs sales, 2007, 2008 and 2009. In the pivot table, they are just named
group 1,2,3. Is it possible to rename them to the date or something or more
useful? Thank you

Select the group name.
Press F2.
Enter a new group name.

USEFUL LINK:
https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-0cf0b9b880f7

[email protected] August 22nd 16 06:48 AM

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

thanks alot

[email protected] January 28th 17 10:40 AM

How to rename a GROUP in a Pivot table

Thanks Shane, your suggestion worked for me.