-   -   How do I resize bars in chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/240323-how-do-i-resize-bars-chart.html)

Mike Row Soft

How do I resize bars in chart

I have a chart with column bars every six months. They are way too skinny.
How do I fatten them up? I set gap width to zero, but they are still too
skinny. I set scale major unit and minor unit to six months.

Andy Pope

How do I resize bars in chart

Hi,

You need to change the axis from Time series to Category.
xl2003: Right click chart and pick Chart Options. On Axes tab set axis to
Category

xl2007: Right click axis and Axis Options page set the axis to Text

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel