-   -   Excel - turn a page number in a header from horizontal to vertical (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/23767-excel-turn-page-number-header-horizontal-vertical.html)

pbrookstx

Excel - turn a page number in a header from horizontal to vertical

Excel in office 2003
When printing charts that are horizontal we would like to continue our
paging scheme but on a vertical mode. The only way to print a page number in
excel is in a header or footer. But within the header, how can the number be
turned?

John

I had the same question. However, I was not able to figure out any way to do
it. So, I just tested the following VBA code to add a WordArt shape to all
charts. It rotates the text 90 degrees and places it in the lower left
corner. Since it names the shape it is easy to get back to it if need to
renumber the pages. I just delete it if it already exists and create a new
one.

It is pretty dumb, not including the the total number of pages. I set the
initial page number to 10.

A similar method could be used to add your own headers and footers anywhere
and with anything you wanted in them. Make sure to set the page margins
small to allow the added shapes to approach the edges of the page.

Good luck,
John