-   -   How to hide a chart title, but keep the title in the chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/237029-how-hide-chart-title-but-keep-title-chart.html)

KBratt

How to hide a chart title, but keep the title in the chart

Using Excel 2003, I am creating charts and linking them to a word document.
I'd like to give each chart a title in Excel, then in Word, bring down the
top border to "cover" or exclude the title so it doesn't show in the Word
document. That way, later I can reopen the top border to remember the title
I gave it and where it came from in my Excel spreadsheet.

Right now each time I try to mouse-drag the top border, the chart size and
shape change, but all the info remains and just gets squished down. I want
the chart to remain "stable" so I can cover over the title.

I know I could do this at one time. Who knows what I need to do?

Jon Peltier[_2_]

How to hide a chart title, but keep the title in the chart

You can right click on the pasted chart in Word, and select Show Picture
Toolbar. Now use the Crop tool on this toolbar to hide the edges of the
chart. This works with an embedded chart, and even better with a chart
that's been pasted as a picture.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier