-   -   text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/235585-text-speadsheet-converted-%25-value-chart.html)

RenKemp

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart

I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the
spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart?

Luke M

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart

In a seperate cell, do something like
=COUNTA(A2:A10,"X")*10%
and then base your chart off of this new cell.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"RenKemp" wrote:

I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the
spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart

Luke, we are mixing metaphores

should be

=COUNTIF(A2:A10,"X")*10%

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"RenKemp" wrote:

I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the
spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart?

RenKemp

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart

Thanks for the reply, but this isn't working with the way I am trying to set
it up.
Maybe I'm using the formula wrong or I need to include more cells.

Maybe a little more info would help. Columns H - Q are the 10 steps to
creating a class. Rows 2 - 40 list all of the classes. If I put an "X" in
the H2 cell, I want the chart to display that 10% of the process is done.

If I put 10% in each cell, it works perfectly. But I need to put an "X" in
the cell instead and have 10% as it's value.

Thanks,

Ren

"RenKemp" wrote:

I have a 10 step process. How do I give text "X" a 10% value on the
spreadsheet so it will display as 10% for each completed step in a chart?

RenKemp

text on speadsheet, converted to % value in chart

Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm using the formula incorrectly. Do I
add the 10 cells in a row, or do I include all 400 cells in the formula.

If I enter 10% in each cell, it workds perfectly on the chart. I just need
to put an "X" in each cell and have the chart continue to read it as 10%.

How do I make "X" =10% for each of the cells?