Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do I specify a constant Y-value for an X-series

I am using an XY (scatter) chart to plot eight time-stamped events (series).
I want the Y-value for each event to be a constant so I can use different
colored error bars with different heights to show the event/series on my
chart. Currently I have filled columns with the desired constant value (4,
6, 8, 10, ...) for each X-series and use these columns to supply the constant
Y-value. There must be a simpler way to accomplish my objective. If I
provide the constant as, for example, 6, to the Y-series, it uses this value
only for the first x-series point. I want it to use this value for all the
x-values in the series. Is there a simpler way to make this happen? Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to figure out
how to do this!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

There is no built-in way of specifying a single value to be plotted over
multiple points.
Using a multiple cells with a single value is the simplest way.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Cinco" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

If you show us a sample of the data layout it may be clearer. As I hear it
you have a variable 4,6,... constant. So I'm confused - is it a variable or
a constant? The data layout might answer that question.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire