-   -   Excel 2007 problem with bar charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/234356-excel-2007-problem-bar-charts.html)

jknapp1005

Excel 2007 problem with bar charts

I've turned some corner with charts in Excel 2007. Whenever I make a bar
chart it pops up a chart that has spindley little lines. It looks nothing
like the charts that I've chosen. When I make pivot charts they turn out
perfect. But when I choose chart types, my graph bars are thinner than the
gridlines in the plot area. Do I need to reload MS Office 2007 to get this
problem to go away?

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Excel 2007 problem with bar charts

Hi,

Is it possible that the x-axis is a date or time scale? If so try switching
to Category for the axis. (Right-click the x-axis and choose Format Axis,
Axis Options, and set Axis type to Text axis.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire