-   -   Moving Average Trendline (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/234322-moving-average-trendline.html)

Peter

Moving Average Trendline

Hi all,

I have a chart that is devided in week number 1-52 and each week displays
one value in a stack. I want my moving average trendline to cover ONLY the
last 8 Weeks and nothing in the future..is this possible..?

Thanks again for this great forum...!

ALEX

Moving Average Trendline

Hi Peter,

Not sure if im exactly understanding your question but i'll give it a try....

For eg. you're charting Weeks 1-10 and you want the moving average trendline
for last 8 weeks (week 3-10)

math for weeks 3-10 (w/ average(A:B) function). chart moving average as new
series on the same chart with original data week 1-10 and then select format
data series, axis tab, select secondary axis radio button this should get
what you want.

oh and make sure when you chart the moving average series includ weeks 1-2
and leave them empty, so the trendline will be in the proper location.

Example:

Week Moving Average
1 [empty]
2 [empty]
3 average
4 average
5 average
6 average
7 average
8 average
9 average
10 average

Hope this helps. click yes if it helped you!