-   -   Double side-by-side bars and 2 y axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/234055-double-side-side-bars-2-y-axis.html)

Gwynne

Double side-by-side bars and 2 y axis

I have a chart for requested by management that compares dollars spent to
time left to spend the balance. For example, How would I chart a total
dollar amount and the amount spent and on the same chart, chart the total
amount of time and time spent to date.

Total $s $s Spent Total Time Time Used
1,000,000 $500,000 340 days 65 days

Is there anyway Excel can do this? Right now I am creating 2 different
charts; bring them into CorelDraw and put the two together with 2 Y axises.

Any Help out there?

Thanks soooo much, Gwynne in Albuquerque

ALEX

Double side-by-side bars and 2 y axis

Gwynne,

I think the secondary axis feature will help. Chart the two variables you
want to compare as 2 series on the same chart. click on the series which you
want on the "second" y-axis which shall appear on right-side later... select
format data series axis tab radio button secondary axis

hope this helps!