-   -   Trend Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/233287-trend-formula.html)

Lindsay

Trend Formula

What does the symbol E stand for in excel graphical trend formula? Is it 10,
or exponential e?
When I try to test the formulae I get the correct x=0 point but others are
wrong; either way. I am using an x raised to the power 5 polynomial

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Trend Formula

A number such as 1.234E-3 is to be read as 1.234×10^(-3) or 0.001234

Copying the trendline equation values can give terrible results unless you
first format the equation for maximum precision

Better yet use LINEST to but values into cells that you can reference to
generate the forecast values
See http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm

best wishes
--