-   -   y-axis auto scaling... (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/232395-y-axis-auto-scaling.html)

dh13134

y-axis auto scaling...

every chart i create has a y-axis starting at 0, even if my data is something
like 100,101,105,99 (all close to ~100). ideally, the chart's y-axis ~should
be something like 90 - 110, or something like that. is that just how excel
(2007) works?? i know i can manully change max and min values, but it would
be great if excel "tried" a little harder to get in the range!!
--
dh13134

Jon Peltier

y-axis auto scaling...

Previous versions of Excel used zero for the axis minimum if the minimum of
the data was < about 5/6 of the maximum. As far as I know, Excel 2007 works
about the same. This is built into Excel, and there's no setting to change
this behavior.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"dh13134" wrote in message
every chart i create has a y-axis starting at 0, even if my data is
something
like 100,101,105,99 (all close to ~100). ideally, the chart's y-axis
~should
be something like 90 - 110, or something like that. is that just how excel
(2007) works?? i know i can manully change max and min values, but it
would
be great if excel "tried" a little harder to get in the range!!
--
dh13134

dh13134

y-axis auto scaling...