-   -   Changing y axis labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/231923-changing-y-axis-labels.html)

jc

Changing y axis labels

Hi,
I have a basic column graph in Excel 2003. The source is a grid of cells
with a text label along the top (represented by the x axis on the graph),
text labels along the left side (represented by the coloured bars in the
graph) and numbers within the grid which are the values (represented by the y
axis).

I'd like to know if I can change the labels of the y axis to be something
like Poor, Good, Excellent (each a range of values) rather than the number
values.

thanks
jc

Andy Pope

Changing y axis labels

Hi,

You can add a dummy series to the chart to plot textual Y axis labels.
The new series would be xy-scatter and the data label can hold the required
text. You can either manually edit the text or use a free addin to link data
labels to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy