Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Feet and Inches

I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that
I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not if it can be
avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.1.5.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Tom,

You can convert inches to feet/inches with the following formula:

=INT(F18/12) & "' " & MOD(F18,12) & """"
Eddie
http://www.HelpExcel.com

"HighJumpTom" wrote:

I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that
I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not if it can be
avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.1.5.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

David and Eddie -

Thanks to both of you. I'm trying to do exactly what David mentions below -
get the y-axis scale to display in Feet and Inches. If it helps - what I'm
trying to do is create a bar chart of the different heights each of my high
jumpers has cleared this season. So, I'd really like the y-axis to begin at
5' 0", end at 6' 2" and go in 2" steps. Any help in doing this would be
appreciated.

Tom