-   -   Point mode in Edit data series (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/230095-point-mode-edit-data-series.html)

Andreas

Point mode in Edit data series

When I edit my data series on a scatter chart, cell mode goes to "Point".
This means for example that when I want to use the arrow keys to move between
the characters in the formula in "Series X values", the cell marker on the
spreadsheet moves and cellreferences are added to the formula.

I saw that if I press F2 the cell mode goes to "Edit" and now I can move the
marker between the characters using the arrowkeys. if I press F2 again cell
mode moves back to "Point"

However, for every time I edit my data series I need to press F2 to make it
behave as I want to. Is there any way to make this change permanent?