-   -   graph one minus graph 2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/229083-graph-one-minus-graph-2-a.html)

Liz

graph one minus graph 2

Hi,
I need to deduct 2 graohs from each other in excel. The sets of data used to
create the graph have different x values so I can't just deduct them from
each other and because they have been collected from a research project they
have no regularity to create a function or trendline. Is there anyway to
create this at all?
ther are more than a thousand values so this can't be done by hand.
Any help would be appreciated

Jon Peltier

graph one minus graph 2

It sounds like your chances of success are limited, but you could try to use
worksheet formulas or a VB routine to produce interpolated results at
various points along the two data series, then subtract the values as
needed. This is all done in the worksheet, of course.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______