-   -   Excel 2007: Lines not displayed on Scatter Plot (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/228770-excel-2007-lines-not-displayed-scatter-plot.html)

dyoung

Excel 2007: Lines not displayed on Scatter Plot

I work with equipment that spits out data every minute for weeks/months at a
time. There are numerous gaps in the data where I have blank cells (but
maintain the continuity of the x-axis). My data sets are enormous, and the
plots that I use to represent the data essentially maximize the capibilities
of Excel (30,000 points per data series, and up to 6 data series per chart).
These data series may reference data sets in different worksheets, so a Line
Plot with a fixed x-axis is not appropriate. The Scatter Plot with lines (no
markers) is the most appropriate selection for representing my data.

When I select a Scatter Plot with Lines (w/ no Markers), the Lines will
display in the legend, but not in the plot area. The data will not display
unless Markers (w/ no Lines) is selected. This is not an appropriate
work-around, and has NEVER been an issue in Excel 2003.

- Dave