-   -   Chart column width (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/228724-chart-column-width.html)

IanP

Chart column width

How do I make a chart column wider in Excel 2003?

Andy Pope

Chart column width

Hi,

You can increase the column width via the Format Series dialog,
Series Options Gap Width. Reduce gap width value.

If you have skinny columns due to dates as category labels then set the
Axes to Category rather than Time series or Automatic.
Right click chart Chart Options Axes.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"IanP" wrote in message
How do I make a chart column wider in Excel 2003?

IanP

Chart column width

Andy

Many thanks. Problem solved. What an awkward way of going about what should
be a relatively easy format exercise.

Best Regards

Ian