-   -   linear trend lines do not appear gaps in data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/228607-linear-trend-lines-do-not-appear-gaps-data.html)

wirepusher

linear trend lines do not appear gaps in data

Linear trend lines will not appear when specified. I have a few gaps in my
data. I suspect that is why they will not work. Can anyone verify this
limitation and/or tell me how to get around it.

Andy Pope

linear trend lines do not appear gaps in data

Hi,

Gaps in your data should not stop you from being able to add a trendline.

Where version of excel are you using?
What chart type do you have. Note that none of the 3d effects charts allow
for trend lines.

Cheers
Andy

--