-   -   2nd Vertical Axis and line graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/227784-2nd-vertical-axis-line-graph.html)

mareng

2nd Vertical Axis and line graph

I followed the instructions for setting up a 2nd Vertical axis from MS , but
I have no FORMAT DAT command. I wish to plot MPG (Columns) and Pence/mile
(Line Graph) against an X axis of months. I have done it with Works
Spreadsheet without any problems. I am using Excel 2007 from Office Home &
Student 2007.

Tushar Mehta[_4_]

2nd Vertical Axis and line graph

What Microsoft instruction asks you to use the 'FORMAT DAT' command? Can you
share a reference? In *Excel* there is definitely no such command. Maybe,
you meant 'Format Data Series'?

To do what you want, I would plot both series in a column chart. Then,
select the series you want as a line graph on the secondary axis. With the
series selected, click the Chart Type button and select the appropriate Line
chart. With the Line chart selected, right-click and select 'Format Data
Series.' In there set the series to use the 'Secondary' axis.
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com