-   -   Adding an average line to a chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/227182-adding-average-line-chart.html)

dj

Adding an average line to a chart

Hot a chart with numerous columns (using the 3D standard one); want to add a
moving average line of the data in the graph. How can I do this - do I need
to change the chart type?
--
DJ

Jon Peltier

Adding an average line to a chart

You can't do this with a 3D type chart, but that's okay, because you
shouldn't use a 3D chart anyway. They distort and even misrepresent the
data, and people misread and misinterpret them all the time.

Here's how to add such a line to a regular column chart:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.