Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Sorting in excel charts

I have a chart in excel 2007
I want to sort rows 1-5 decending
and rows 6-11 decending
but when I select just that much and click to sort
it re-hilights all of the data in the blue bounding chart selection
is there a way to only sort a few rows in an excel chart
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I cannot reproduce the problem. When I select 5 cells out of 11 in a column
Excel 2007 does not automatically change the selection.
--
Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

"gb0dms" wrote:

I have a chart in excel 2007
I want to sort rows 1-5 decending
and rows 6-11 decending
but when I select just that much and click to sort
it re-hilights all of the data in the blue bounding chart selection
is there a way to only sort a few rows in an excel chart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

"blue bounding chart selection"

Hmm, is it a Pivot Table, or perhaps a Table? These cannot be subdivided and
treated as separate entities.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"gb0dms" wrote in message
I have a chart in excel 2007
I want to sort rows 1-5 decending
and rows 6-11 decending
but when I select just that much and click to sort
it re-hilights all of the data in the blue bounding chart selection
is there a way to only sort a few rows in an excel chart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

not a piviot table if you use the insert chart function in either powerpoint
or word (2007) it will create a blue bounding box for your selected data
but someone here figured it out
so if anyone else has this problem you can fix it by changeing the datat to
a range which is done by
Table | Design | Tools | Convert to Range