-   -   Trendlines (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/225579-trendlines.html)

NeedsHelp

Trendlines

Could someone please tell me how to get the actual numbers that the chart
represents? I want both the charts and numbers. I have a simple year and
corresponding number that I want to forecast out into the future and can't
figure out how to do that either since I just have one variable.
Thanks!

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Trendlines

For a linear fit, :
Have a look at FORECAST and TREND functions in Help
You can use functions SLOPE and INTERCEPT to get these values into cells and
use them to make a table of data
Come back if you need more
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NeedsHelp" wrote in message
Could someone please tell me how to get the actual numbers that the chart
represents? I want both the charts and numbers. I have a simple year and
corresponding number that I want to forecast out into the future and can't
figure out how to do that either since I just have one variable.
Thanks!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Trendlines

Hi,

Right click the trendline on the chart and choose Format Trendline, choose
the Options tab and enter a value in the Forcast Forward or Backward boxes.
You can also display the equation on the chart by checking the appropriate
box.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire