-   -   Column sizing (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/224131-column-sizing.html)

CJ

Column sizing

On my chart, I have data for 12 months and then a rollup for the year.
Because the rollup column is so large, the chart is automatically adjusting
for the largest column. Is there a way I can put a "break" in the year column
so that the individual months will display relative to each other rather than
relative to the year column?

CJ

Column sizing

I'm using Excel 2007

"CJ" wrote:

On my chart, I have data for 12 months and then a rollup for the year.
Because the rollup column is so large, the chart is automatically adjusting
for the largest column. Is there a way I can put a "break" in the year column
so that the individual months will display relative to each other rather than
relative to the year column?

Jon Peltier

Column sizing

This describes the protocol in Excel 2000-2003:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

Excel 2007 would use the same steps, although the commands are scattered in
wildly different places.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"CJ" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007

"CJ" wrote:

On my chart, I have data for 12 months and then a rollup for the year.
Because the rollup column is so large, the chart is automatically
adjusting
for the largest column. Is there a way I can put a "break" in the year
column
so that the individual months will display relative to each other rather
than
relative to the year column?

CJ

Column sizing

Thank you. I'll give it a go.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

This describes the protocol in Excel 2000-2003:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

Excel 2007 would use the same steps, although the commands are scattered in
wildly different places.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP