-   -   problem with Excel graphs (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/222871-problem-excel-graphs.html)

[email protected]

problem with Excel graphs

I have two data series (where points are unrelated apart from x,y
values) coming from experiments
first (x,y)
1.23,340
1.4,320
1.5,360
1.7,400
second
1.25, 420
1.33,450
1.41, 470
1.6,500
1.85,470
1.7,400

I wish to create a graph in Excel 2003 and have x and y axis in a
suitable range as x 1.0..2.0, y 200..500 however I am unable to
instruct Excel to do that, comments and suggestions are very
appreciated,
Carlo

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

problem with Excel graphs

Make an XY chart using the first data set
Select and Copy the second data set
Click chart to activate it
Use Edit | Paste Special and specify New Series & Category (X values) in
First Column
And now you have two data series on the chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
I have two data series (where points are unrelated apart from x,y
values) coming from experiments
first (x,y)
1.23,340
1.4,320
1.5,360
1.7,400
second
1.25, 420
1.33,450
1.41, 470
1.6,500
1.85,470
1.7,400

I wish to create a graph in Excel 2003 and have x and y axis in a
suitable range as x 1.0..2.0, y 200..500 however I am unable to
instruct Excel to do that, comments and suggestions are very
appreciated,
Carlo

driller

problem with Excel graphs

Carlo,

---with the two series of <x,y points inside the chart,

select - right click- the Y axis, then select *scale*, you can find the
*form* that is for user-filling data : min-max range for Y axis and
minor-major gridunit scale as well.

same way for x-axis range that can suit you.

--
regards