-   -   Displaying a horizontal quota line on a graph (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/222705-displaying-horizontal-quota-line-graph.html)

Looking for help today[_2_]

Displaying a horizontal quota line on a graph

I have a bar graph showing the data that I want to see. Current data runs
between say 389 and 1902. The quota for this data say is 1000. How can I
insert say a bold horizontal line at the 1000 mark on the axis to better show
the results to these people as to where they are at versus say what I would
call my target line of say 1000. I appreciate any help.

Alojz

Displaying a horizontal quota line on a graph

Add another data series to ur chart. Assuming ur data series are in column B,
fill in the C column with value of 1000 in corresponding rows. Expand the
area of data to be visible in chart to those in C column. Then change the
type of chart for this C column data: Right click on C data series in ur
chart and change the chart type to line.

HTH

"Looking for help today" wrote:

I have a bar graph showing the data that I want to see. Current data runs
between say 389 and 1902. The quota for this data say is 1000. How can I
insert say a bold horizontal line at the 1000 mark on the axis to better show
the results to these people as to where they are at versus say what I would
call my target line of say 1000. I appreciate any help.

Looking for help today[_2_]

Displaying a horizontal quota line on a graph

Thank you very much. That did the trick.

"Alojz" wrote:

Add another data series to ur chart. Assuming ur data series are in column B,
fill in the C column with value of 1000 in corresponding rows. Expand the
area of data to be visible in chart to those in C column. Then change the
type of chart for this C column data: Right click on C data series in ur
chart and change the chart type to line.

HTH

"Looking for help today" wrote:

I have a bar graph showing the data that I want to see. Current data runs
between say 389 and 1902. The quota for this data say is 1000. How can I
insert say a bold horizontal line at the 1000 mark on the axis to better show
the results to these people as to where they are at versus say what I would
call my target line of say 1000. I appreciate any help.

Alojz

Displaying a horizontal quota line on a graph

You are welcome. Thanks for feedback.