-   -   Charting Results with Comments (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/222704-charting-results-comments.html)

PosseJohn

Charting Results with Comments

I have a chart the shows analysis data of a chemical solution.

Sometimes we make new solutions or calibrate the analyzer.

I want to be able to show these on the line graph, but don't want to make a
'text box' on the graph each time (not all my users would know how). I have
a column that allows them to enter these comments...is there a way to show
them?

Alojz

Charting Results with Comments

Hi, the easy way is to copy the cells with comments and paste it to chart as
a picture with links to input comment cells. That means, u will have comments
visible in chart as an embedded object, once u change comments in a given
cell, it will be automatically adopted in the chart.

HTH

"PosseJohn" wrote:

I have a chart the shows analysis data of a chemical solution.

Sometimes we make new solutions or calibrate the analyzer.

I want to be able to show these on the line graph, but don't want to make a
'text box' on the graph each time (not all my users would know how). I have
a column that allows them to enter these comments...is there a way to show
them?

Shane Devenshire

Charting Results with Comments

Hi,

What you need is the XLChartLabeler free add-in:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"PosseJohn" wrote:

I have a chart the shows analysis data of a chemical solution.

Sometimes we make new solutions or calibrate the analyzer.

I want to be able to show these on the line graph, but don't want to make a
'text box' on the graph each time (not all my users would know how). I have
a column that allows them to enter these comments...is there a way to show
them?

Alojz

Charting Results with Comments

Hi Shane, thanks for it, I have installed and currently am playing with this
nice toy.

"PosseJohn" wrote:

I have a chart the shows analysis data of a chemical solution.

Sometimes we make new solutions or calibrate the analyzer.

I want to be able to show these on the line graph, but don't want to make a
'text box' on the graph each time (not all my users would know how). I have
a column that allows them to enter these comments...is there a way to show
them?

Shane Devenshire

Charting Results with Comments

Hi Alojz,

Glad to help. This is one of a number of such free add-in on the web, but
this is the one I use, its tried and true.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire